May 24, 2017

Flood alert at Cony Island / NYC


It was a slightly rainy morning in NYC and I decided to go for a walk. As Grete & Joshua live just few stops from Cony Island, I decided to go and see how that place looks like in a rain.

For those who have not been able to travel around NYC yet - Cony Island is located in Brooklyn, next to the ocean. It is quite a nice beach area which also has a cute amusement park right by the ocean. It is about 60min subway ride from Manhattan with Q, N or F train. 


_______


One I made it to the subway stop, it felt like the rain got stronger outside. Never the less, I decided to keep on going.


_______



When making the wave photos under the pier, my phone gave me a flood alert in that area. Because it wasn't a tornado warning, I kept on shooting until the pier itself started leaking the rain. I was soaked once I made it back to Grete & Joshua's place.


_______


It was one of the most memorable adventures from that trip in NYC
































No comments:

Post a Comment